- Drepung Monastery.
- Monks debate on Sera Monastery.
- Potala Palace; winter palace of the Dalai Lama.
- Jokhang Temple; spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet.
Your short Lhasa tour starts with your arrival in Lhasa by flight. Our representative will meet you at Lhasa airport and transfer you to your hotel. On day two you visit Potala Palace, Jokhang temple and Bakhor Street. Also, On this day, we will have a Tibetan dinner together. You will visit Drepung and Sera Monasteries on the third day. In the evening, you will explore the city by yourself and do some shopping. On the fourth day, we will farewell you from Lhasa with a bunch of memories in Tibet.
Visit Lhasa to get wonderful insights into the culture, traditions and lifestyle of Lhasa. Lhasa trip provides an opportunity to learn about different practices. Also, natural spectrums are another beautiful part of this tour. Get indulge in this tour, and experience the astounding beauty of Tibet's autonomous region.
Arrival in Lhasa
After arriving in Lhasa, a local tour guide will welcome you at the airport/train station, then transfer the guests to the hotel. Acclimatize the high altitude in the hotel.
The tour will begin from UNESCO World Heritage site – Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of the Dalai Lama. It is situated at 12,139 feet above sea level. It is a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artefacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site. It’s a spiritual centre for Buddhists in Tibet. Next, to the temple, there is Bakhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewellery.
Lhasa Monasteries Sightseeing
In the morning, tourists are going to visit Drepung monastery. It is one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416. Ganden palace was used as the Dalai Lama’s palace in Drepung before moving to the Potala Palace.
In the afternoon, you visit Sera Monastery. It is also one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon.
We will transfer you to the airport or train station on time before your onward flight.
Find a complete information about short Lhasa tour or feel free to contact us for any kind of support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Lhasa?
Lhasa is the capital of Tibet.
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese and Tibetan visa).
- Private transportation with an experienced local driver during the tour.
- Tourist bus/minibus/jeep transportation between airport/train station and hotel at the designated period of time.
- Experienced local English speaking Tibetan private guide.
- 3 nights of 3 star hotel twin sharing accommodation with breakfast (B.B)
- One welcome or welfare dinner in Tibet.
- All admission fees of tourists sites listed in the itinerary.
- Kathmandu/Lhasa/Kathmandu flight ticket.
- Chinese visa if needed.
- Lunches and Dinners are excluded.
- Tips to the driver and tour guide.
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in a hotel.
- Services that aren’t mentioned above.
- Tibet visa fee. ($85 for for rest of the world, $175 for US and Canadian citizen)
Why Travel With Altitude Himalaya?
We believe in the quality services to accommodate our guests 360 degrees need with tour personalization and customization. Our dedicated and experienced team believes not only in arranging trips, but making creating life long memories. Our travel experience within the region of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet could make a memorable trip of yours.Confirm Your reservation Now
TALK TO AN EXPERT
we can help you find your perfect holiday
Mr. Kiran has experience of 10+ years in tourism across Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet holiday arrangements to thousands of travellers from around the world. He will help you to figure out the best possible vacation plan according to your choice and preference.