Highlights of Tibet Lhasa Namtso Lake Tour
- Potala Palace: Winter palace of the Dalai Lama.
- Tashilhunpo monastery: The seat of the Panchen Lama.
- Jokhang Temple: Spiritual Center for Buddhists in Tibet.
- Sera Monastery: One of the “great three” Gelug monasteries of Tibet, the hot attraction is monks debate.
- Drepung Monastery: Drepung used to be a seat of central government until the 5th Dalai Lama built Potala Palace.
- Namtso Lake: It is the “Heavenly Lake” which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt lake.
Your Tibet Lhasa Namtso lake tour starts with the arrival in Lhasa. Our office representative will meet and greet you at Lhasa airport and transfer to the hotel. The second day you will visit around Lhasa city with Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple. In the evening we will have a welcome dinner together. The third day you will visit two major monasteries in Lhasa, Sera and Drepung. The fourth day you will drive to Namtso lake. The fifth day will be an excursion around Namtso lake. The sixth day you will visit Shigatse via Gyantse. After Shigatse sightseeing on day seven, you will drive back to Lhasa. On the eighth day, we will farewell from Tibet with some happy memories.
Arrival In Lhasa
After arriving in Lhasa, a local tour guide will welcome you at the airport/train station, then transfer the guests to the hotel. Acclimatize the high altitude in the hotel.
The tour will begin from UNESCO World Heritage site – Potala Palace, which is also the winter palace of Dalai Lama. It’s situated at 12,139 feet above sea level. It’s a 13-story high building that contains over 1,000 rooms, various statues, stupas, murals and artefacts.
Then continue to Jokhang Temple, another UNESCO World Heritage site. It’s a spiritual centre for Buddhists in Tibet. Next to the temple, there is Bakhor Street, filled with pilgrims and street vendors, selling traditional Tibetan items such as prayer wheels and jewellery.
Lhasa Monastery Sightseeing
In the morning, you are going to visit Drepung monastery which was one of the “three greet” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1416. Ganden palace is used as Dalai Lama’s palace in the Drepung before moving to the Potala Palace.
Afternoon, you will visit Sera Monastery. It was one of the “three great” Gelug monasteries of Tibet and was founded in 1419. The highlight is the Monks debate at around 3 – 5 in the afternoon.
Drive to Namtso Lake
After breakfast starts your drive from Lhasa to Lake Namtso.
On the way, you will see Nyenchen Tanglha (snow mountain ranges) and lots of nomads with yak and sheep grazing nearby. Namtso Lake is the “Heavenly Lake” which is one of the four holy lakes of Tibet and also the highest salt lake. You can do a very relaxing trek around the lakeside and Tashi Island. Overnight you will stay at Namtso Guest Room.
Drive to Lhasa via Yampachen
After breakfast clients will enjoy the morning at the lakeshore and trek along to Tashi Dor Island to explore the meditation caves. Afterwards, drive to Damxung to have lunch. In the afternoon, tourists may enjoy Yangpachen hot spring (optional) and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools filled with hot spring water. Then head back to Lhasa.
Drive to Shigatse via Gyantse
Start your trip to Gyantse by drive. On the way, tourists will catch a glimpse of Yamdrok-Tso (4400m). The Lake is surrounded by many snow-capped mountains and in the distance, you can enjoy spectacular views of Holy Mountain Nyenchen Khangsar, (7191m) – the highest mountain near Lhasa. Afterwards, head to visit the famous Pelkor Monastery (also known as Gyantse Kumbum). After one and a half hour’s driving, clients will arrive at Shigatse, which is the second-largest city in Tibet.
Drive to Lhasa
In the morning, visit Tashilhunpo monastery of Gelug Sect – the seat of the Panchen Lama, built-in 1447. The monastery houses a giant statue of the Maitreya Buddha – the biggest gilded statue of Maitreya (Buddha of the future) in the world and a tomb of all the Panchen Lama containing plenty of jewels and gold. In the afternoon, clients will go back to Lhasa.
We will transfer you on time to the Lhasa airport or train station to catch your onward journey.
- All necessary travel permits for Tibet (excluding the Chinese visa).
- Daily Breakfast throughout the tour and Dinner on Day 2 of the itinerary.
- Tourist bus/minibus/jeep transportation with the experienced local driver during the tour.
- Tourist bus/minibus/jeep transportation between the airport/train station and Hotel at a designated period of time.
- Experienced Local Tibetan private guide.
- 6 nights of 3-star hotel twin sharing accommodation with breakfast (B.B), 1 night Lake Shore Guest House Dorm with a humble facility without breakfast.
- All admission fees of tourists sites listed in the itinerary.
- Oxygen bottle provided during the trip.
- Chinese visa.
- Lunches and Dinners.
- Tips to driver and tour guide.
- Single room supplement if clients request a private room in the hotel.
- Services that aren’t mentioned above.
- Tibet visa fee. ($85 for rest of the world, $175 for US and Canadian citizen)
Why Travel With Altitude Himalaya?
We believe in the quality services to accommodate our guests 360 degrees need with tour personalization and customization. Our dedicated and experienced team believes not only in arranging trips, but making creating life long memories. Our travel experience within the region of Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet could make a memorable trip of yours.Confirm Your reservation Now
TALK TO AN EXPERT
we can help you find your perfect holiday
Mr. Kiran has experience of 10+ years in tourism across Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet holiday arrangements to thousands of travellers from around the world. He will help you to figure out the best possible vacation plan according to your choice and preference.